This was my first band picture.
And this is my last.
And this is my very first tattoo. I dedicated it to all the bands I've been working with during those 7 years. Thank you for your trust and for sharing your passion.
Tattoo by l'Andro Gynette.
I guess all creatives know that mental struggling. This psychic roller-coaster where one day you believe that you have something unique and the other day you can not compare yourself to something else than a piece of shit.
I decided to get my arm inked during a great "photographer moment". While I was simply accomplishing a dream. When I will walk again in some dark times, this tattoo will be always there to guide me and brings me his light.
This tattoo celebrate some accomplishments. Projects that I had signed, opportunities that I earn. Back to 2010, I would NEVER have imagined this.
During the time my skin was aggressed by some inky nails, I think to the following bands who gave me their trust:
- Silence Is The Enemy (I am almost married with those guys)
- Now, Voyager (The first ones to show me that if you have enough trust in your work, you could go anywhere.)
- We Came Bearing Arms (The very first band I shot, see above, later we did one of my favorite photo shoot)
- KomaH (The first band to feature one of my pictures on Dour website ^^)
- Sourblast (I'm still waiting for my t-shirt !!!)
- S.H.E.I.D.S (Your music is incredible, please believe in yourself and go the further you can)
- The Guardians (I also have a love relation with those guys since 2013, even if I would love to have already done more things together)
But also Gojira, Mastodon and Rob Zombie. I know there are less chance they are reading this blog post... I took this tattoo decision while photographing their gigs.
I don't believe this will be the last tattoo I would ever make. The future will bring his own new stories. I hope it will be exciting.
Last words to my tattoo artist, if she reads me. Thank you for your work and your behavior: authentic & pro. You teach me one more time that good enough, is not. You motivated me to move my ass even more... and to look closer to the work of Roger Ballen :-).